Monday, January 18, 2010

Houston for Haiti Benefit concert

Houston for Haiti Relief Concert was a success last night. Bun B raised a considerable amount of money for the country of Haiti. The audience defintely got a deal for the cost of $10. World renowed Houston artist came out to lend their gift of music to the cause. I applaud Bun B. for his humanitarian purpose. May your career and life continue to be blessed as you contiune to bless use with your talent.

SOCIAL PRIVY M&M (MEMORABLE MOMENT) Wicked Crickett closed the concert out with a prayer. It was a beautiful moment as I looked out across the audience and saw people holding hands with heads bowed. Priceless. That is what our brothers and sisters need most of all, so please continue to keep Haiti in your prayers



Everybody was rockin' the hottest Houston For Haiti t-shirts. Pic 1> Athena Minx Nails Pic 2> Queenie Pic 3> one of the hardest working women @Queen of PR

Luv the Charit-Tee Shirt!!!


Pic 1> Brian Angel Pic 2>Mr. Boomtown


Pic 1> Mad Hatta & Momma Pimp C Pic 2> Jay Mack & Guest


Pic 1 > Mike Mack & Guest (right) Pic 2> Trae and Lil O

@RawLT

GT performed his hit Houston


Pic 1>J. Prince with the Kilo-Watt smile. Pic 2> Cory Mo also rocked the show.


Pic 2> Slim Thugga performed fresh off of a tour date in Alaska. Pic 3> ESG and his son blew us away with their freestyle-flow.


Pic 1> Just Brittany Pic 2> Candi Red Pic 3> Independant women


Amobi Okoye donated over $1700 dollars to the cause. Pic 2> Several Challenges where made between the artist performing


Bun B spoke to the audience from his heart about his dedication to the victims of the Haiti Earthquake.

The lovely lady who produced the event. Great job...well done!
I really had to sleep on whether I was going to address this issue or not... However I woke up with the situation still fresh on my mind. I was offended by a monkee @ss that was working the door. First he told me I couldn't bring my camera in because only approved press could take pics. (umm ok. In my mind im like, whateva dude. No Biggie... I get that type of block often. )
However I truly got pissed off when he Debo'd me after I paid my ticket. (All proceeds go to Haiti Relief so I wasnt mad about buying ticket.) It was when this monkey stood in front of me and said you have to give another monetary donation to go through VIP. Now I had no idea that I was in some sort of a VIP line. Plus I know this individual and thought surely he was joking.
Me> Ha Ha yeah alright I bought a tkt.
Monkee @ss > Everyone who goes in VIP has to make another monetary
donation.
Now, I'm scratchin' my head because it kinda feels like I'm being political robbed. I have donated to Haiti everyday since the earthquake clothes, money and time at the multi-culture center etc. But guess what I will comply with this charity extortion it is for a good cause. Although I really have to say the tacky way in which it was done makes me feel uncomfortable about whether my extra monetary donation is going toward Haiti relief or Monkee @ss's personal weed fund. Dude demanded the money and he was a big burly Ninja and had a death grip on the money he was holding in his pimp slappin hand. I stood there blinking and feeling the pressure and gave in although I didnt like being manhandled to donate money.
All of the aforementioned I can deal with because I'll say it again "It's for a good cause!!!" It's what happened next that pissed me off... While waiting in line I saw not one, not two, but at least twenty-five homeboys and a gang of groupies roll up on some ol "Hey, I'm... on _______" (you fill in the blank) C'mon yall it's $10!!! Really? And Monkey @ss doorman lifted the velvet rope and in they went. I'm like "For Reals"... Do the people in Haiti need coochie juice... because that is all a gang of groupies have to contribute. You gave me 15 minutes of grief for what? Oh yeah to fill your ego cup to brim so you can buzz yourself up and throw your ego around.
As I'm writing this it has dawned on me that the homeboys paid their way into venue with another form of payment... I forgot about the good ol redeemable "Coochie Coupon." Makes sense to me know. Each Groupie was worth $2.50 so each homeboy needed to bring four groupies to pay his way in. Smart. (Mental note to self make some groupie friends.)
Well you know what they say.... One monkey don't stop no show.. But it's always one monkey beatin' on his chest and swingin his arm tryin to convince others that he is King Kong. Boy get off of your Empire State of Mind and sit yo Monkey @ss down somewhere.

Me... Jane. You... Cheetah!!!
*beating on my own chest* AAAGGH ee OOOO ee AGGGH!!!!
K. Anntionette

No comments: