Sunday, January 24, 2010

The Horn


Saturday night The Horn parking lot was packed, even the auto-pirates (valet guys) had to turn people away. That should have been my first sign but I pursued. I found a good parking spot and made my way to the door until I had to PUMP the brakes "Oh hell's no... I don't do lines." I know that sounds real crazy but that's my pet peeve, and I know it sounds real boughie and I will gladly wear that badge instead of standing in a long line to pay admission. For one it's cutting in on my "good time" time. Anywho... I dig into my bag of ninja tricks and POW I'm inside. My first impression was interior hasn't changed much since The Cabo days and it was kinda dark and packed tighter then a _______. (Someone tweeted that my description was politically incorrect so I'll just leave a blank.)
Overall I felt like I was in a nightclub back in the day. (Not going to mention any names but pic 90's) I've been lounging and bar hopping for the past couple years so I forgot how it felt to be bumped and drink washed as I move through the crowd. As I maneuvered toward the back I got even more discouraged because well... It smelled tropical and not the mango-coconut tropical. Air ventilation was scarce toward the back.
There were several birthday celebrations in the house. One thing I will say is that people where dancing and having fun, I def can appreciate that. Dj was spinning some good ol school joints but... My que to bounce was when he played "Soul Glo" from Coming to America.
What can I say about my first time at The Horn... Brings me to what I call Quantity vs Quality ratio. From a business aspect great... Quantity lots of patrons. From my personal aspect Umm.. I personally don't like to be packed tight in a club so not my preference. However I will go back and try to catch a live show.
Anywho Folks... The night was young so I blew out of The Horn and head down the street to Club Traffic. I pulled up to the front of club to find entrance was blocked off, so I made the block and headed toward the back of the club which was also blocked. A man approached me and informed me that it was $20 dollars to park & $20 to get in. (Scratching my head.) He then said I could park across the street at the hotel for $10. HUGE WTF! Are you serious? Who does this bullish? First of all Traffic has to be the lamest name I've ever heard for a club. So you want me to be $40 in the hole before I step to the bar. NOT!!! Whoever is runnin this spot needs to change the name to Club Trickin'.







Luvs ya;>
K. Anntionette

No comments: