Tuesday, August 12, 2008

That fat lady sho can sang!!!




These pic's are how the Ozone Awards ended. Yeah I know this post is a$$-backwards but hey... so are these events. Hometown Rapper's fighting over street Hip-hopolitical. Who deserves the right to claim a fictional title President of the streets /Mayor of the H-town? Hell I ain't voting for neither one of ya. What we should be concentrating on real political issues. I don't think anyone mentioned Obama during any of their acceptance speeches.

This isn't my 1st time at the rodeo...I'm so over attending events that start 2 hours late, fighting over ish that don't matter. I hate to say it but...sometimes I feel that rewarding the culture of Hip Hop is hopeless. Too much testosterone. Too much pride. We've tried before remember... The Soul Train Awards...people couldn't even wear their jewelry without fear of it being snatched off their necks. Let's not forget The infamous Source Awards...Hell! An entire West vs East coast war broke out all because of posturing. Overall this event wasn't that bad it could've been worse & trust me I've seen worse. But on the cool...

I'm too old for this ish! I love you Hip-Hop but... I AM Grown & Sexy when your ready to grow up give me a call.
PS: Big Thanks to Julie Beverly founder of Ozone Magazine!!! You did the best you could but... this is George Bush's Home state, a real a$$-kickin', good ol' boy town and dem boyz in blue don't take no ish from the folks who permanent black skin shirts.

No comments: