Thursday, August 14, 2008

Power Lunch!!!

Social Privy Tip> With today's economic pressures we've got to find ways to save $$$$ and Gas anyway we can. So here's some tips on how to utilize both your $$$, time & gas .
1) Burger King on the corner of Richmond & Fountainview Houston, TX has free wifi. I normally roll through the drive thru but was tempted to come inside and check it out besides I needed to do a little bidness on the net. I was pleasantly surprised when I saw a very art deco inspired lounge complete with two complimentary computers. The lounge was very clean and user friendly. The manager made sure that I looked on my receipt to call in a survey regarding the service I received. 5 minutes later!!! Surprise #2 I would receive a free chicken sandwich or Whopper with the purchase of a drink & fries on my next visit. I slipped that bad boy in my wallet because that's just as good as $$$ to me.
2) Schlotzky's in the strip center on Westhiemer & Greenridge also has free wifi. After my experience with The King the other day, I made sure I looked on my receipt & what did I see...another survey.
5 minutes later I received yet another "Gratis" meal upon my next visit to Scholtzky's. However this one had no purchase necessary.
3) Three times the charm so while shopping at my fav grocery store HEB. I took a look on the back of their receipts and saw several coupon's more specifically a Chickfila coupon for a free chickfila sandwich or breakfast biscuit with the purchase of a drink & fries or Hashbrowns. No survey necessary.
All in all folks what I'm trying to say is be sure and check your receipt to make sure you get what you ordered, your change is correct, etc. but... sometimes take a moment to do a survey especially if you received good service or you frequently visit the establishment. You never know what you'll get for a few moments of your time.
On the the flip side...the devil is a liar. He knows I'm trying to diet. Here I am with a wallet full of free fried stuff. But you know what devil I made a fool out of you because I gave my coupon to a good friend who's kids love Burger King!! Now me and my hips are laughing at you Ha! Ha! Ha!

No comments: