Sunday, August 3, 2008

Scott Gertner's Skybar Aug 1 2008

Hollywood Boy/Def Jam Blaster


Carl Thomas
I finished the Friday evening by heading out to Scott Gertner's Sky Bar. Aaagh Hell Naw!!!When I approached the club I was met once again hit with a crazay long line around the block. Okay, 1st of all my pet peeve with the SkyBar is waiting for the elevator (I know, I know that you have to take an elevator to get a SkyBar view but... Damn it takes a long time to wait for est. 8 folks at a time to go up 1 elevator.)

I put in a call to "Ya-bro" the social director and 20 minutes later "PR Ninja strikes again" pass the line and in da spot Gratis'. I don't normally do the SkyBar on a Friday night but I have to admit it was a good look & a good vibe. Very grown & Sexy.

Comedy break: Brother in a suit scopes me through some dark a$$ shades. He grabs my hand Billy D style and spits his best game. Brother will not release my hand from his sweaty grip as he romances me through his shades. I entertain Brother for a moment until I could no longer stand it. I grab Brothers left hand and stroke his hand seductively and ask "Why didn't you take your wife with you tonight? Brother: She's with her boyfriend? answers a very cocky Brother. K. Anntionette: You allow that? Brother turns his head and drops my hand in defeat "Hey what do you want from me? I'm just trying to have a drink. K. Anntionette walks away thinking to herself I wish these lame a$$ married men would go to the shooting range for target practice trying to see if they still got it because I don't have DUMMY written across my forehead.

Carl Thomas performed a couple of his hits to the crowds delight. I've seen Carl around Houston quite a bit lately guess he's loving the love he receives down south. Seeing we are still paying him to perform three songs. (I'm sorry I had to.)

I really enjoyed a conversation that I shared with a diverse group of "my people's" about CNN's Black in America. All of them were from various backgrounds, martial status, education and career professions. We debated a bit but I feel that everyone had something positive to add to the conversation if you just listened. Thank You for letting a complete stranger chill-lax with you and pick your minds. I'm truly blessed for the experience.

No comments: