Thursday, August 14, 2008

America's next top model mets Project Runway>The Houston Edition


Last night I kicked the evening's activities off with a couple of cocktails on the patio of Taco Milagro (Kirby & Westheimer...which might I add was a very good look. 8:30pm is a perfect time to chill-lax after the blazing hot Houston sun has retired for the evening. Male to Female ratio was favorable for the ladies. ( Sorry Guys) I believe this is largely due to The Downing St. Cigar Bar next door.)
I met up with my good friend and graphic designer, Dez of House of Greenwood as well as Natalie Terrell & Kara Barnett talent scouts for America's Next Top Model. This is the second year that I've had the opportunity to see how the scouting process is done for the show. Dez has essentially been a tour guide for the young ladies advising them where the beautiful & sexy hang out in the city of Houston. After a couple of margarita's we headed out for our next destination Club Venue which would be featuring a fashion show collaboration with up & coming fashionista's Maisha Styles http://maishastyles.net/ (Maisha Styles center)
K. Smith of http://awkwardclothingline.com/. Be sure & check these two Diva's out!!!!

I was pleasantly surprised by the cutting edge clothing showcased last night as well as the professionalism the models displayed. This wasn't your typical "Church Fashion show." Since America's Next Top Model talent scouts were in the house I felt the urge to get into the character of the infamous runway diva "Ms. J." So in the spirit of ANTM Juding panel Here goes my critique> (1) Some of you girls were switchin' yall's tales too fast & didn't hold a steady poses at the end of the runway so that photographer's could get a good shot (or maybe I'm slow seeing that I'm an amatuer photographer) (2) There was one chick who flared her nostrils & bugged her eyes when she stomped. Maybe that's her signature walk like Camille from season 2 who proclaimed "this is my signature walk, this is the walk that's going to make me famous." Or maybe she was in character too...Mr Ed that is. (on the cool chick your beautiful but the film doesn't lie your nostrils were flared on the majority of my photo's so I couldn't use most of them.) (3) Chick with the beautiful Gucci-weave (that's what me & my friends call a nice grade of weave hair.) girl you looked soooo scared & stiff. I wasn't the only one who noticed your scary posture. You also made a debut another blog http://crunktastical.net/

My absolute fav' was Alexia. She's adorable & has a bad A$$ walk. I worked with her last year on a fashion show for my jewelry line Diva Details.
"I only have one photo in my hand that represents the next girl who will be moving on in the competiton and that girl...could be you!!! Natalie & Kara will be into for 1 more week before moving on to their next destination. So come on you Houston "Get it Girls" please look your best and represent Houston's most fabulousness!!


Menswear was also featured during the show and I gots' to admit I lost my professionalism. There was this one male model that I spotted prior to the show. He was walking around looking all sexual. I literally looked him up & down from head to toe. If it wasn't for the photo's I couldn't tell you what designer he wore all I could remember was his skin. Too bad Ms. Tyra isn't looking for male models or I would have laid him out on the casting couch. He was a fine specimen of a man. Ibelieve he was an import & you know I luuvs me some exotic men. I don't know what country he was from but God Bless his momma & daddy.

On to the ugly...Sam Cassel was in the house. Ugggh! Dez suggested I take his photo for the site so I politely walked up to him and asked for a photo. Do you know that Diva had the nerve to throw his hands up all Lindsay Lohan style and said "Naw, I'm good." Umm me thinks "naw, actually your not." I guess his lil E.T. lookin' a$$ head is all big now that he has a championship ring." It's all good though, you ol-basketball-dribblin-reese's-pieces-eatin'-extraterrestial-luukin'-a$$ boy (point em out, point em out...I'm sorry I had to. I can say what in the Hell I want... this ain't urspace... This is MYSPACE dammit.)
Peace Out! Luv K. Anntionette










1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That doesn't look like the same girl in the two photo's