Wednesday, July 9, 2008

VICTORY


Rap Mogul James Prince aka Lil "J" enjoyed a victory today in court against Ronnie Bookman owner of 7303 Records as well as 7303 studios. The lawsuit was filed April 7 2007 as a result of allegations that claimed Bookman was savagely beaten upon arriving on the premises of J. Prince's community center located in the heart of 5th Ward. Bookman's belief was this attack was due to a direct order from Prince CEO & Founder of Rap-A-Lot records because he feared Bookman's neophyte label 7303 Records would be stiff competition for his 20-year old multi-million dollar enterprise. When all was said and done, Bookman should've "book'd" up and ran man" but instead he limped away from the situation with his tail between his legs (no pun intended. Ok that was a PR tactic, let me keep it real, alleged punches may have been intended). Today when the verdict was passed in James Prince favor, Bookman probably limped away from the court house feeling the same way he did the day he limped his a$$ out of 5th Ward.
Okay! Now that I got the legal-eagle facts out of the way here's what I have to say... How in the hell are you going to fix your mouth to say that your microscopic label was a threat to man who has paved the way for the southern rap industry for over 20years. Not only is my "Uncle J" a savvy business man, he's also a behind the scenes philanthropist who gives back to a community that has given so much love to him. He doesn't have the time place any orders, he's too busy counting cash... Let me put it to you like this... I wouldn't have to order my momma to whoop yo a$$ if you walked up into my house talkin' ish about her daughter. I Gotta love my extended R-A-L/5th ward family. RAP-A-LOT fo life!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: