Monday, July 14, 2008

Grown & Sexy Birthday!!!!

I celebrated my very "grown & sexy" B-day over the weekend. As you all know from my very 1st post, one of my pet peeves are the B-day whore's who run around pimpin' people for cash. You all know what I mean pinning $$$ on your clothes, running to the clubs for three days straight ya-di-ya-di ya. If you run up on me all cheesey-cheese grinnin', wearing a bedazzled crown and what not hoping that I bless you with $$, I'mma pin a pray on you. I think that kinda ish' is cool for the office @ work. You know for your co-workers or the receptionist that gets over looked for all her hard work and actually had to come to work on her day of birth. As for me I celebrate like it's my birthday all throughout the year, so I don't need a special occasion to eat cake or get my drink on. And... I ain't afraid to ask my friends for a dollar if I need one.

On the cool: Special Thanks goes out to my Momma because you could have smothered me w/a pillow in my sleep as a child but you stayed strong. All my fam' & friends who I speak to on a daily basis. Thank You for the crazy Happy B-day song remix's & voice mails.


But... there was one special email blast from the past that really warmed my heart because it feels good to be remembered by someone you haven't seen or spoken to in years and that goes out you Randy Brown of Sister 2 Sister Magazine. Thank You for remembering my B-Day you are truly a gentleman. Oh yeah, also Kudos to my florist at Central Market who comp'd me my arrangement and all my checkers at H E BUTTs!!! (HEB) who sang "Happy Birthday Cake-Lady!!!!" to me at their registers. (It's cool, but crazy that I'm friends with workers at grocery store they can tell my mood by what's in my cart. But that's a different story.)

Enough of that mushy ish' lets get down to da bizness'.

No comments: