Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Happy Birthday Latoya!

Estelle and Latoya getting down for her birthday crown! (I'm so glad to see that Latoya didn't have a tacky beggin' for birthday cash corsage on! very grown and sexy birthday look.)It's ya Birthday It's ya Birthday! Looks like Latoya had a great birthday at Bambou last night! She attended Estelle's concert and headed out for a night of of champagne toast and treats at Bambo...I wonder if later on she joined Estelle and crew at one of "Houston's world famous" after hours spots ;> lol for some real booty shaking! Social Privy Clue>Anybody in from out of town in the urban entertainment industry always pays homage to this night spot when they come through Houston. I can't count the times I've had A&R reps and journalist visit and make the request to roll through.)
Pic 1>Vince Carter dropped by to give the Birthday luuv! Pic 2>Mims gave the crowd an impromptu performance.

Latoya is our very own H-Town Chick. I absolutely love her for supporting Houston the way that she does through her business endeavors such as Lady Elle Boutique. Most of all I admire and applaud her faith and perseverance in the entertainment industry she's definitely on top of her game. Y'all let's be sure and show our support for H-Town's chick when she drops her CD Lady Love April 7.
Ok got the politics out of the way now for the real ish'... First off Thanks to Necole Bitchie in ATL I was able to get photographs of this event because I encountered some conflict at the door of Bambou. I struggle with this I swear I do... Promoters in Houston are...well let me just say they are what they are I don't want to get deep because I understand it's a business but sometimes it's not that crucial. I was at a wonderful event at the Foundation Room in The House of Blues and left to cover this event only to turn around because I did not feel like going through the "I'm so special Olympics" you have to go through sometimes to gain entry into "Flash Flyer promoted events." It just makes me scratch my head like I was just at The House of Blues Foundation Room (mind you the minimum membership is $2500) chillaxin and power networking with a great group of people and now I'm catchin' Hell at Club Bambou. I was thinking is it just me... until I got home and was checking Twitter out and read someone going through the same thing with the same folks. (What's even crazier is special invited guest Estelle was asking where this individual was on Twitterberry. NUTS!) Anywho like I said before...it's a business I respect that. I'm mad at myself for not making better choices should stayed my @ss at The House Blues Foundation Room on the other hand it was Tuesday night (5o cent wings) @ Buffalo Wild Wings around the corner. Sounds like an open invitation to me!
Venting ;<
K. Anntionette

No comments: