Wednesday, October 15, 2008

The Secret Life of Bee's@ The Shrine of The Black Madonna & Angelika Theatre


The Secret Life of Bee's

Charles Bibb's graced The Shrine of The Black Madonna with a brief inspirational lecture on the making of The Secret Life of Bee's. Mr. Bibb's encouraged us all to follow our artistic passion. The Image of the Black Madonna used in the film was created by Bibb's exclusively for the film. He blessed us by autographing a church styled fan that I will definately cherish. As a matter of fact my first investment in African American art was an autographed piece Blessed Harvest (ok real talk I actual put the # of years ago down & had to erase it because that was a long time ago.) WoW! I just realized that and I also have a collection of tiles displayed in kitchen. What do you know... Life is so funny sometimes!

Pic 4, 5> Chef Jeff & staff provided delicous hor'dourves. Yummy!
Pic 6>Julie Griffith of Griffith Public Relations & Artist Charles Bibbs
It was a full house Wednesday Night @ The Angelika Theatre. All of the buzz was for the movie premiere The Secret life of The Bee's. I did not plan to attend, my original agenda was to take photo's & go home to watch the debate. However I decided to stay. Seeing that I didn't have a ticket I had to watch it on the sticky steps of the theatre. I'm glad that I did. Please bring kleenex. I cried so many times at one point I said F-IT & just let the tears roll. Please be sure to check thes movei out in the theatre's alot of people behind the scenes sacrificed a lot to see this movie come to the big screen. Let's show the movie excec's that we do believe in Urban cinema.

Damn Brother!... that popcorn must be pretty good! Great date night movie & very little male bashing in the movie guys.



Pic 9> Honey Bee's Myra Washington (center) Pic 10>Sed of I10 Media


Pic11 >Mark Newsome of furious films gave it two thumbs up & Queen B' agreed
Luv your's truly;>
Honey Bee
K. Anntionette

No comments: