Friday, October 3, 2008

5,000 Voter regristrants strong!!!


This is look of a very satisfied man. Mad Hatta remained vigilant & dedicated to his cause of registering 5,000 voters in Houston. Hatta held his position down at Sharpstown Mall since Tuesday until about 1pm Friday afternoon without a break until he reached his own personal goal of inspiring 5,000 voter registrant's within the sound of his voice. I overheard a very emotional Hatta on the radio broadcast expressing his passion about this election and was moved to show up and give him my respect. Upon arriving I learned that he reached his goal. When I approached him for a photograph he very humbly stated he had nothing to show as proof of his efforts. Wow! This man basically had a voter registration sit in which caused 5,000 plus people to register and he was concerned about wanting to prove it ... when I reviewed the photo, the look on his face said it all. The smile on his face is one of a man whose passion was inspired by another man's dream to be President. Anybody else would've been grumpy looking for the nearest shower but not Hattahe had the look of a man who won the race. Well... people this is just the beginning we may have 5,000 new voter's but now we need you to exercise your power to vote. Please be Hatta's proof and vote Nov 4, 2008. He started the work now it's up to us to finish it...don't let his sacrifice or the sacrifice of our ancestors be in vain and vote in this upcoming historic election.

This rally was a truly beautiful experience as I witnessed a very elderly lady (She was a blued eyed cataract's granny) register to vote for the first time. When I asked her what her motivation was she answered my granddaughter begged me to.
"I'm humbled and inspired by the commitment of Madd Hatta and the way my entire programming and promotions team along with the people of Houston are rallying around the cause. A lot of people talk about making a difference it's a whole other thing to make the commitment and act upon it. I'm proud to be the program director of such a GREAT team!"

No comments: