Sunday, December 14, 2008

DIVA DOLLS @ The CROBAR

On Dancer…On Prancer…On Vixen to the next event. Diva Dolls Customer Appreciation @ CroBar. The dress code was black & cream and everyone came correct. Looking sexy & fabulous especially the hair. Hair was swinging and tossing everywhere. Thanks to Ramona!!! The ol school slide show of hairstyles past was hilarious. The entire event was sophisticated & sexy!!!!







Ramona Jones owner of Diva Dolls Hair Studio celebrates the holiday season with a customer appreciation soiree & charity event donating can goods & Toys for Tots at Houston's latest Bar & Lounge CROBAR. Guest were treated to delicious hor' dourves & signature martini's with the cutest names like the The Fabutini...Divatini...Joyfultini..."The Drop Dead Gorgeous" & "If looks could kill " shot. The Bartender (can't remeber her name) makes a helluuva drink!



Cheers! To a drop dead gorgeous shot!!!



Guest enjoyed catering by Javani King. The live Band Mozik was awesome. I absolutely luved the mixture of ol' school & new school music. In a world full of recycle music it's nice to hear the original version.



Pic 1>Nikki of Foxxy Couture sportin' the silver Saga Fox!!!! Yes B' I know a fox when I see one!!!! Pic 2>The reveal





The Diva & The Doll... Ramona & daughter Chavarreau. Later on that evening Chavarreau perfomed two songs from her demo cd. Do I see a future star on the horizon?

Social Shutter Fly Time!!!

Pic 1>Gorgeous Ebony Pic 2> Novelist Carla Carless Pic 3> Crobar Exec. Pic 4> Ashley & Sharon Cheatham
Everybody got loose as the evening progressed... This guy showed us that the ladies aren't the only one's who can drop it like it's hot!!! I see ya!!!!



Go auggh Ramona!!!! Even though the event was geared to customer appreciation we couldn't be Diva Doll's without your magic touch...It's your night to celebrate too!!! You deserve it!



If shoe's could talk these would say "Move ...Get out the Way." Ps: Damn Girl!!! you calve's are bangin'!!!



Here's just a few of the Diva Doll's
Ramona has been beautifying the city of Houston for years and I'll go on record as saying she is one of the most talented hair stylist in the city. Check her out a http://divadollshairstudio.com/






Can't have Diva's without The Gent's




Although Jackie's social calendar filled early in the day with a Bryant Park inspired fashion show. Complete with white tent, runways & catwalks. However she still made time to stop by & wish Ramona the best and personally extend an invitation to join her own celebration later on that night at Belverdere.

Special Thanks to Angie, Javani King, Mozaik Society Band, DJ Sam & Crobar staff!If I missed your name kick my @ss when you see me. lol!!!
ACT II The Afterset @ Belvedere
Everybody was in the holiday spirit & decided to take Jackie up on her invitation. I have to be honest when she extended the offer, in my mind I was like Belvedere??? I've never attended on a Sunday night and I've heard both good & bad reviews. I told her "my reservations" regarding the venue and she responded that she had a VIP table reserved and instructed us that we would be on her guest list. As insurance Jackie gave me her cell # and assured us there would be no problems at the door. I don't know... Maybe we should maintain our sexy vibe @ Crobar or bring the sexy back to the house. Everyone looked at each other with a "What the HELL you only live once why not look!" (plus it's just good bizness to reciprocate the support.)

We caravaned around the block and arrived to a parking lot full of mayhem...candy painted caddy's with suicide doors, a line of folks wrapped around the building, people stomping, huffing, & puffing on their cell phone's. What's with all the chao's and confusion...most of all what's up wit' the long @ss line. My first impression was dismal... Where's the glamour, the luxury, the sophistication????

Splashin' da candy paint & Swangin' Caddy door's @ Belvedere

Anywho!!! Tonite is about celebrating Diva's handling their bizness and besides we are on Jackie's guest list. Or so we thought. We strutted up to the front of the line and exchanged words with "Promoter/Model" Kele. (I believe she participated in Jackie's fashion show early so surely there would be no issue.) After some thought she asked how many in our party and graciously waved us through. (Once again Thanks for the hospitality at the front porch.)



Yeah Baby! Ha Ha...networking and being on the guest list has it's privileges. Or so we thought. I phoned Jackie to let her know that we were on our way inside however I knew she probably wouldn't be able to hear inside the club. As we approached the door we were informed $40 dollars to enter.

K. Anntionette: Huh? We're on the Jackie/Melodrama's guest list.

Doorman & Hostess: It's $40 dollars to skip the line & there is no guest list. (That's the short version. I was told my admission was comp'd by Kele however everyone else had to pay. We personally have no problem paying to get in a club however we were under the assumption there was a guest list and if it was closed, cool but $40 dollars to skip a line...I betta see some flyin' monkeys inside I mean some serious cirque du soleil shidt!!!!

We all looked at each other like WHAT IN THE HELL? We've been duped. Matter of fact... it was suggested that if we didn't like it we could go elsewhere. (Wow!!! That's a new concept...Go somewhere else. Now! Why hadn't I considered that before. Oh I know why, because this is my first time at Belvedere on a Sunday night...Prior to this night I was somewhere else matter of fact I've been going elsewhere for quite some time.)

Anywho! We already valet'd (y'all know how I feel about that subject already) so there's no turning back now besides the gentlemen who accompanied us wasn't about to let $200 ruin our night or his opportunity to party with a crew a beautiful women. (Thanks Big Daddy! Matter of fact although I was comp'd. I told him to pay for me as well... I can't leave my people hangin'. Shiidt consider it an early Christmas gift to hunger promoters.) Beside's Plan B @Belvedere is suppose to be a classy joint (I've seen the flicks lol) so let's see what $40 dollars will get you.

Once inside...(dramatic pause) The stench. It smelled like Magic City after a long night of booty shaking and @ss clapping. Speaking of fish we were packed in tighter than a can a sardines. But since when did a lil funk stop you from having fun. Rather then stand around pissed off about getting ripped off to the tune of $40 we decided to make our own fun so we found Jackie's table popped open a bottle of bubbly gave a toast to two power divas who know how to network and do good bizness (a lesson some others could use) and got to booty shaking & @ss clapping!! Hell if you can beat em, then show em how it should be done.

At the end of the night we stumbled out buzzing & feeling good. The energy in the parking lot was scary, kinda like you might want to lace up your track shoes in case something popped off.(Oh yeah, you can find the best Pizza deals in the parking lot of Belvy.)
In my head I heard an ol school hip-hop accent accompanied with a dope scratch beat scream "Supp-Supp-Supper Ghetto." However I do sincerely feel sorry for the Monday morning cleaning crew at Uptown Park. I'm sure they scratched their heads in disgust when they saw all the Swisher sweet guts & pizza crust littered all over the parking lot.) My first night at the Belvedere didn't match up to all the hype however I did learn a valuable lesson...it's not where your at that makes the spot hot...it's the company you keep when you get there.

I'm sorry it hurts but... I had to tell da truth!

Luv;>
K. Anntionette


A Toast to the success of two Power Diva's!!!!
Ramona & crew dropped by and popped the cork in Jackie's VIP section @ Belvedere.


Ta-Ta Diva!!!! Your holiday soiree was a fab affair & your company was even better!!!!!

No comments: