Monday, September 29, 2008

Can't keep a good woman down!

Ike...You can beat me up and run me out of my home. You can even tear up the place and leave me with no electricity & destroy all the food in my refrigerator. But guess what Ike...Still I rise.

Even after you did your bidness and had your way with my things. You thought it would be funny to add insult to injury by inconveniencing my lifestyle with pesky blinging stop lights and socially restricting curfews but guess what Ike... Still I rise

Does my sassiness upset you?
Why are you beset with gloom
"Cause I walk like I got oil wells pumping in my living room"

Well Ike... let me tell you something
I was born a strong black God-fearing woman
so I know how to handle fools like you.

Inspired by Maya Angelou

Ps: By the way Thanks for the practice because we will be ready for your crazay-@$$ cousins next hurricane season.

Luv ya
K. Anntionette

No comments: