Friday, June 20, 2008

Sweet Sixteen!!!



Ok! Wassup with local wanna-be-celebrity's having three day Birthday celebrations at nightclubs, in some cases strip clubs. (No need to say names, you know who you are) What happened to the private family/friends joints... where there's no cover or mandated "hooker" dress code. I'm not hating on you folks who love to celebrate your birthday in a big way, I've been known to have a birth month celebration myself but... really!!! Throwing your pic all over a flyer "holler's it's my birthday!" Screams I need attention, don't you think I'm fab?" Actually naw, me thinks not. I was coming to the tired club anyway it's still a Thursday, Friday, Saturday night in Houston right?? Where else was I going to go? And guess what? It wont be your Birthday next week and the same folks including yourself will be there again hollering "It's my Birth... opps I need attention, don't you think I'm fab? hehehe

On a positive tip there was one 3-day birthday celebration that was valid and that was Texan baller Amboi Okoye 21st birthday celebration. His event was SocialPrivy-validated because (1) He is a celebrity. (2) He just turned 21. There is no other time in your life when you can be totally self-indulged and party like a rock star (3) There were other celebrities in attendance. Actress Saana Lathan and Rapper Juelz Santana (who actually performed) (4) Gratis-munchies (free food) (5) Most of all his party was validated because this young man is raising funds to launch his charity foundation. Good looking out.

Waring the following is a Public Relations strategy: Allow me to give props where props are due, there was this one birth weekend that I do believe started all this grown-a$$ Sweet-Sixteen mess and that was a local young lady who calls herself a "model." (most of you know her name) Several years ago she threw herself a shin-ding that had all the townies a-talking. Complimentary Champagne was flowing, munchies was moving down throats faster then__________at a_________ factory. (fill in the blank) She has since tried to duplicate the soiree with medium success due to the fact that this time around she was charging big $$$ to soak up her birthday vibes. "No more free-isssh for you folks. Yall gots to pay me."

To all you other wannabe local celeb's please take heed if you want to have a Socialprivy-validated birth weekend please follow the tried and true ingredient: Invite people who think your fabulous whether you are or not(friends ie. ego-stroker's). If you know you're not fabulous enough to draw a crowd invite someone who everyone already knows is FAB. If you don't have enough $$$$ for that then at least give away some free $hit!!! Cake, punch, jolly rancher somethin' Damn.

No comments: