Wednesday, June 25, 2008

BET AWARDS

Okay! So we all know that any person of color was rallied around their television last night for the annual parade of "black-star power" fabulousness mixed in with random doses of Black-star buffoonery. Today all over the nation you could hear everyone's version of the negro-news review regarding who was a "hot" shot of "hautesauce" and who was a hot crockpot of hamhocks mess. Let me give you my menu: (1) Usher's performance was bland, Wifey & baby ursh have seemed to steal a lil sparkle from Mr. Bo Jangles. Someone of his level should've elevated the show to a frenzy. (2) Ney0's performance was impressive due to the fresh new house sound he's incorporated in his music as well as a dynamic display of his fancy footwork, (very smart to feature Jabawakee's from MTV even smarter to stand soo far behind them you couldn't see if he could really hang) proving that the rumors that he could be a little light on his feet might be true...but wait I almost forgot that his stylist remembered to accessorize him with a staged date of which he clutched tight whenever the camera's where on the two of them. (Good stylist + Good Publicist+ good PR move) (3) I put Neyo and Chris Brown neck in neck for best male performance. Chris B. was very creative in his usage of the stage as well as a uhh hmm staged female prop Ciara, who clearly did her thing. (Watch out Janet Jackson this lil' one is setting herself up to be your millennium protegee) speaking of props...(4) Rhi-Rhi's performance was very polished beginning to end. Outfit was hot. I applaud her for keeping it simple so she wouldn't lose her vocals running around the stage. "Take a Bow" has great lyrics and you want to hear them with dramatic emotion. Good-looking out! Unlike, I'm sad to say... My girl Keisha Cole who I know can "sang" w/her feet planted to the earth put that girl several feet above ground on a elevated platform and she's going to crack. Only Beyonce can sang upside down 20feet in the air hanging from a bedazzled pedicured toe. (Keisha leave that issh to the professionals. Papa Matt use to train dem girls to sing hanging upside down from some monkey-bars at age 6) (5) Al Green stole the show. I know sanctified people all over the nation got the "holy-ghost" when he sang Love & Happiness because I know that I flew off my couch and commenced to rollin' all over the floor like a heathen. Today I'm feeling very christian so I'm going to close this out with only one negative thing to say "Lawwd, Please Keisha Cole ... Please I'm begging you get your kinfolks an ettiquette coach, couture gowns and lacefront weaves do not compensate for lack of socialization." I'm sorry for talking about your peeps here's some sugar... you should know that I luuuuv you like a play cousin.

No comments: