Monday, June 30, 2008


Ok folks, Monday is here & yet another eventful weekend in Houston has come to a close. Allow me to share with you some tid-bits that occurred in H-town over the weekend. 1) Comedian Bill Bellamy, the originator of the phrase we all love to make and receive from time to time... I'm talkin' about the phrase "booty-call" was in town performing at the Improv. Billy was seen making his "hoe-sting" I mean "hosting"rounds to a couple of local clubs ie Spy & Beleverdere. I'm sure the lovely ladies of Houston were nothing short of uhh-hmm warm and inviting. All jokes aside I heard he was hilarious.

Since we're talking "funny"... Imagine my surprise when I walked out of Buffalo exchange on Montrose this Saturday at about 7:46 and ran into a full blown "Gay-Pride" parade complete with floats, queens, beads the whole 9-inches I mean whole 9-yards. It wasn't in my plans but I have to say that it was very educational & entertaining(Queens are the most fashionable diva's) . It definitely teaches you to not be so quick to stereo-type people. (Public Relations strategy: I have to say that because this whole blog in part is about judging folks so is my way of being a politician) Naw, seriously there were all types of individuals and corporations who participated. I would like to give the award of most creative float to some construction organization who had a float that was a huge bright yellow dump truck with the mouth of the truck filled with men wearing nothing but hard hats, work belts and speedo's. "You betta work Bitches!"

No comments: