Friday, October 2, 2009

My sexy, sophiticated date with Johnnie Walker...


Tonight I had a date with an older sexy and sophisticated gentleman by the name of Johnnie Walker. Mr Walker strutted into the lounge and introduced me to the exquisite world of Scotch Whiskey.

Johnnie Walker hosted a tasting session of their premiere Green, Gold, and Blue Label Scotch Whiskies at Hotel ZAZA this evening. What a treat! The first pour was the Green Label which is Johnnie Walker's latest blend of four mature single malt whiskies with flavors that consist of Heather honey, fruits and butterscotch mixed with sweet spices and subtle oak. Spicey with notes of cocoa, cedar and smoke. If you are new to Scotch Whiskey I would suggest that you start with the Green Label. I traditionally drink Scotch Whiskey in the fall and winter because it warms you up. However Green label was so smooth and light I could easily sip this drink with a couple of cubes of ice on a summer evening.

The Gold Label is crafted from an exclusive list of eighteen year-old single malts with smooth and silky textures consisting of raisins, toffee and honey. This was my favorite pour of the evening because it was paired with a delicious chocolate truffle. I know it sounds strange but the combination of dark chocolate and Scotch Whiskey was so scrumptious it caused me to *pause* mid swallow because I didn't want the experience to end. (Yummy!!), Gold Label should be poured into chilled glasses. Served neat and chilled. To enhance experience accompany with fine chocolate desserts.

Saving the best for last...Johnnie Walker Blue Label is one of the rarest whiskies in the world, hand picked from a range of exclusive distilleries. Smooth and mellow with traces of smoke, honey and sweet spice. This exclusive top shelf whiskey runs about $250 a bottle. I wouldn't suggest it for beginners. Social Privy Tip > Neat is a drink without ice or mixer. Johnnie Walker's serving suggestion: A snifter alongside a glass of water and ice. A sip of water prepares the palate by bringing down the 98 degree temperature in your mouth amplifiying the flavors to come.

All this time I thought that Johnnie Walker was an "old man's" whiskey but good ol Johnnie Walker definately surprised me tonight. I can honestly say that I am a fan after being educated on the brand and tasting the premiere labels. Im officially grown and sessy!!!


Luv ya ; >
K. Anntionette

No comments: