Tuesday, October 6, 2009

The 106 & Park concert series featured Trey Songz, Mario and Day 26 took place last night at in Houston at The House of Blues. The testosterone filled line up brought women of all ages out each one had their favorite. Opening act Sean Garrett enticed the crowd by saying "I know what Houston women like... dem Louis bags" while dangling a new Louis Vuitton bag over a crowd of screaming women to whoever screamed the loudest. I was standing next to a young lady who was commenting on how whack he was next thing you know... she's raving about how fine he is. From whack to fine with the wave of a "magic" Louis Vuitton wand. I must say I was bit embarrassed, I know how our "Get it" girls in Houston love designer bags. But... Hey I ain't mad at Sean Garrett, you do need to pull a trick out of your sleeve if you're going to open up for Trey Songz.

Day 26 hit the stage and primed the ladies up with their synchronized dances and vocals. I've got to be totally honest I prefer these gentleman on television what's a Day 26 show without some type of "drama." Is it wrong that I was waiting for Q' to storm off the stage cryin and ish'. Maybe there was a meltdown at the meet & greet Day 26 had in The Foundation room during Trey Songz's set. I gotta say this I would'nt be K. Anntionette if I didn't... I smelled the distinct fragrance of "Bitchass-ness." What group makes you buy a meet & greet pass? What group has a meet & greet session during the headliners show? Tacky! Tacky! Tacky! I know at least two young ladies that recieved extra meet and greet privilages when one of the guys in Day 26 hand picked and whisked them through the kitchen in The Foundation Room. *giggle* My eyes are everywhere. It also would've been nice if Brian Angel personally addressed his hometown fans.

Mario really surprised me the most with his set proving to me that he is a true "performer." I really enjoyed his interaction with his backup dancers. He also paid an emotional tribute to Michael Jackson ala Smooth Criminal Style while performing one of his soulful ballads. I love his current single "Break Up." All in all he gave a full and entertaining performance.



I know what time it is when a fight breaks out in the crowd (obviously someone securing their spot by the stage to see Trey Songz.) Can I just say that I've covered many concerts at The House of Blues and have never seen a crowd fight so much. Ultimately the ladies where evicted from the The House right before Trey hit the stage.



Trey Songz hits the stage and all he needs to do is flash that kilowatt smile of his and the crowd goes wild. Especially when he performs "I Need a Girl" I personally enjoyed his sexy performance of "Black Roses." Of course "Lol Smiley Face" was a crowd pleaser. @SongzYuuup told fans to hit up his Twitter page after the show. Later he replied to fans... Happy yall came out!!! RT @sunshyne84: @songzyuuup loved the show!! H-Town baby! http://pic.gd/0f3f7d It's amazing to see the true "magic" he has over a crowd no Louis Vuitton wand needed just a microphone and a smile.




Luv ya ;>
K. Anntionette

No comments: