Wednesday, June 16, 2010




What does a social blogger do when they decide to detox from alcohol for 2 weeks? Stay at home read a book, reorganize your closet? Heck No!! You recruit someone else's liver and become a designated driver. That's what I did! So who was the lucky donor of such a gracious deed? None other then fellow blogger http://cheapeatsinhouston.blogspot.com/ . RepublicTequila hosted a tasting party at The Owl located 3200 Kirby. Spirit enthusiast were not only invited to sample Republic Tequila cocktails they also received some very interesting information on how the company process their Tequila. Since I wasn't drinking I took some notes.


Republic Tequila is based here in Texas which means their product is estate grown and bottled here in the lone star state. Tequila is made from the heart of the blue agava plant, once harvested and cut the plant goes through a series of process before it hits your shot glass. The difference between Republic Tequila and others is, that it is made with 100% Blue agava and water versus other lower brands which are what called mixtos. Mixto Tequila's add other filler ingredients to the product. Theresa of Republic Tequila explained that mixto concoctions were the main reason why people get sick or wake up with hangovers. So invest in a good Tequila!!!


Republic has three Tequila products: Plata, Reposado and Anejo. Anejo was the fav' out of the three Republic Tequila shots that I had my liver donor @HTowncheapeats (Good looking out!). Once I'm off my liquor detox... I got to get my tolerance level back down, I'm going to try the Yellow Rose Recipe which is Republic Tequila, OJ and lime juice.


For more information http://republictequila.com/


Pic 1> @BiteMeHouston and @MyTexasSpirits Pic 2> Theresa Republic Tequila Rep


da dant da da danta dant dant Tequila!!!! *Sober stare* :>
K. Anntionette
Ps: Checkout my chick http://cheapeatsinhouston.blogspot.com/ for all the insider foodie bizzness. Please follow @HTownCheapeats @BiteMeHouston and @MyTexasSpirits on Twitter .

No comments: