Wednesday, June 23, 2010

A Night In Tokyo



































































































































Houston Magazine and Sushi Raku invited a select group of guest to enjoy a tantilizing Night in Tokyo. I could hear the faint sounds of drums as I pulled into valet. I felt like Cinderella in reverse as I dashed up the walkway (in 5 inch stilleto's) hoping that I didn't miss the performance. "D@mn, that rush hour traffic!"

Once inside I was greeted by a band of Taiko drummers in complete authentic garb down to the tabi socks. I looked at their feet and then down at my already throbbing feet and thought to myself "Wanna trade?" Anywho! There was this one lil drummer girl (she had to be shorter then 5ft tall) was bangin the #ell outta the center drum. I wouldn't want to pi$$ her off for nothing. Eventually I found a seat and took in the show. WOW! I was really impressed with the athletic ability and skill that it must take to practice this art form. Bravo!
What's a night in Tokyo with out Sake and Sushi? Guest enjoyed exotic Sake cocktails and tasty Sushi Raku dishes. Everywhere you looked people had their mouths full of delious food, stimulating conversation and delightful libations. The perfect formula for a great event.
Only body movements can express how off the chain DJ Grizzle's set was. He started us off "Sexy and sophisticated" by the end of the night "Our Mind was Playin Tricks on Us" as we did "The Butt" because it was our "Prerogative" to "pop our collar" "Get low" and scream "IN NEW YORK" at the top of our lungs.
LG Entertainment is SOCIAL PRIVY APPROVED. http://lgentertainment.com/ 281 235 8668.
I absolutely adore the elegant yet edgy decor of Sushi Raku. Huge red ropes adorn walls and windows setting the VIP tone for this hot restuarant. Sushi Raku is SOCIAL PRIVY APPROVED. 3201 Louisianna St 713 526 8885.
Sayonara ;>
K. Anntionette

No comments: