Sunday, February 7, 2010

Big Beautiful and Luving it!!

Mr. Harvey "Star" Washington held a full figure modeling casting call at The Hilton of Americas Downtown Saturday afternoon. Women of all shapes and sizes ranging from a size 10 to 30 came out to strut their stuff for Harvey Star Washington, self proclaimed "icon of the full figured legacy." I didn't get a opportunity to meet Mr. Harvey because his staff threw some serious SHADE my way when I asked to photo journal the event. "Mr. Harvey says "No Thank You, but do please blog about the upcoming fashion show on ..." For Real?! So I respond no problem, I'll just take a couple of the shots of the girls waiting to audition. Mr. Glitter Assistant politely points to sign that says NO CAMERA's and then to the security guard by the door. "Oh word!" Now mind you I've sat on the casting table for Ms. Tyra "America's Next Top Model" Banks herself and got absolutely no shade. So I'm like Dude... you're DTM (Doing Too Much)!!! Whatev Mr. Glitter, No means I'll show you better then I can tell you and Yes means so glad you agree. So I waited until casting session was over to interview the girls.


This is the scoop... Once inside #1. You were asked how many $5o tickets you could sell to Mr. Star's Fashion Show. (I bet you're selected based on your answer. By the way it was a $50 cash registration fee to enter.) #2. If you're selected you have to pay $250 to participate, which supposedly goes toward your Mr. Harvey 'Star" Washington Makeover which if you stop by his site http://mrharveystarwashington.com and peep out the before and after pics they are a RIOT. (I'm sorry Mr. Star, Why do you make women over to look like drag Queens?) #3. Last but not least you have to sell at least 3 $50 tickets. All in all I left with my spidy senses tinglin'... Can you say PIMPIN!!!!!


I was so excited about this event because I celebrate women of all sizes, shapes, and color. But I have to tell you honestly No Shade. I don't support this event. I wish the best for all the ladies that came out and hope you benefit from this experience some kind of way. Good Luck!!! Here's just a few beautiful ladies I captured on film.









Quick change off with the glasses!!


This DIVA has got that "IT" factor.


SHADE FREE
K. Anntionette

1 comment:

Unknown said...

yes i went..it was a little shady to me. i was selected but if you ask me everyone was selected and te ones that didnt bring their oney when they were suppose to was cut. i just think he didnt want this to come out his pocket. i do have tickets for $40 if anyone interested 7135146848.