Saturday, January 17, 2009

Mikki Howard @Redcat Jazz Cafe

Hey, Hey, Hey I'm back! I know that I've been MIA for a minute...but the vacay is over and it's time to get Social Privy 09 poppin'! This year is going to be phenominal. I just know it! The big day is around the corner. CHANGE is coming are you ready?
Ok Y'all...do you have an artist or song that pulled you through a hard breakup? I do. I was a young lil naive girl when this lil ugly @ss busted up boy broke my heart. Whew...I went through it trying to get over it. But then...I heard this song that gave me hope "Love under New Management" by Mikki Howard and I've been a fan ever since. I can also remember going through my jazz renaissance period. I absolutely fell in love with Billie Holiday and once again Mikki was there with a collection of Billie's greatest hits. Having said that there was no way I could've missed her at Redcat. Which is starting to be one of my grown & sexy spots. It's just nice to hear authentic music and feel the vibe of live vocalist.

This was one of the most entertaining segments of Mikki's show. This woman repeatedly screamed her personal request of the song "Love Under New Management" (one of my personal favorites). Little did she know that Mikki was going to drag her onstage for a sista to sista talk about her lying cheatin' crack smokin' no good ex who inspired her to write the song. Well...lil did Mikki know that his woman would snatch the mic(ol girl could hold a note too) and belt out her own rendition of "Love under New Management" while holding up her wedding/engagement ring singin' "I got love under new management. Yes, I do...I got a new man and he pay all my bills..." It was absolutely hilarious!

Luv ya;>
K. Anntionette

No comments: